Thursday 20 August 2015

September Dreaming

Well here is my entry for this years fabric8 competition run by Spoonflower and Moda fabrics. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, it's just a shame I missed the deadline for entry! Never mind there's always next year and it will make a nice edition to my online portfolio

My reason for not finishing on time is that I was visiting my Mum and soaking up some much needed sunshine in Far North Queensland for the two weeks before it was due. It was worth it! It has been the coldest winter in thirty years here in the Grampians. Yesterday, while I was putting this design together there was a little glimmer of hope. The weather was lovely (for a couple of hours) I had the door open, listening to the chorus of lawn mowers and loving the smell of the fresh-cut grass. Nothing smells sweeter than the promise of Spring. So I've decided to call this collection 'September Dreaming'. Which I guess will only make sense in the southern hemisphere :)

I've still got some co-ordinates to create and will make the whole range available for sale in my Spoonflower shop soon. 




No comments: